Halloween Horror Nights To Be Most Anticipated Event of the Fall Season

Universal Studio’s Halloween Horror Nights promotional picture.

Victoria Betancourt, Writer

Orlando, FL — Halloween Horror Nights is a yearly event at Universal Orlando Studios that has many ILS students thrilled for the Halloween season. 

This year the theme brings  different haunted houses and scare zones that have been anticipated for a period of time. 

The themes for the houses include: Us, Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Universal Monsters, House Of 1000 Corpses, Graveyard Games, Yeti: Terror Of The Yukon, Depths Of Fear, and Nightingale: Blood Pit. Perhaps the most anticipated house of the season is Stranger Things. 

The scare zones for the year include Zombieland Double Tap, Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe, Anarch-Cade, Vanity Ball, and Vikings Undead. Academy Of Villains: Altered State is also coming back with their own show and performance. 

Finally, Halloween Horror Nights is starting a new lagoon show called “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem.” In this show they will show select scenes from cult classics, top horror movies, and television shows. The lagoon is lit up with neon lights and uses fountain effects in order to transform the area into an 80s-themed water show. 

The show times for the show include 10PM, 11PM, and 12AM.

Another thing the park is bringing back is Terror Trivia. When you download the official park app, you can put your Horror Nights knowledge to the test while you wait in the queue for houses. There is leaderboard and 11 levels along with achievements you can unlock. General admission prices range from $67 to $102.