“Kravis” Is Engaged

@kourtneykardash on Instagram

The happy couple celebrate their engagement on the shore in Montecito.

Maya Martinez, News Editor

Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker, or “Kravis” caused a stir on social media this week with their engagement announcement. This is the first time that Kardashian has been engaged, but not proposed to. 

The reality TV star was asked the big question at a beachside hotel, surrounded by roses and candles, in Montecito. The pair were surrounded by their friends and family, and obviously the paparazzi were there to capture the moment. This news has been shocking to most on social media, with fans pointing out that they have been dating for less than a year, and she never got engaged to Scott Disick after several years. However, they have been close friends for many years.

“If you love someone, you’d want to be with them forever”

— Freshman Chloe Ruiseco

Kardashian captioned her engagement post on Instagram: “I woke up all night thinking it was a dream,” She showed them holdings hands and frolicking on a beach, smiling and laughing. 

On social media, many have been talking a lot about Scott Disick’s reaction.

It’s a common misconception that Disick never proposed to Kardashian, and although they were never engaged, he did propose to her with a ring. On an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, he admitted to Kim and Khloe Kardashian that he had in fact bought a ring and asked her to marry him. However, she said no. 

“I’m happy that Kourtney and Travis are engaged because they look good together. I think that Scott isn’t upset because he cares about Kourtney despite everything they’ve been through,”, said sophomore Ines Unda. 

He’s been criticized for many years after his split with Kardashian for dating younger girls. Disick, 38, has recently has broken up with his ex-girlfriend, Amelia Hamlin, 20. Fans speculate that this is because he is still in love with Kardashian, and wants to be in relationships that he knows won’t last. The Daily Mail recently captured a picture of him partying in LA with 23-year-old model Elizabeth Grace, after the big announcement. 

“Maybe Scott is upset because him and Kourtney have a long history, but who cares! Their relationship was toxic,” said sophomore Maria Cadenas.