Introducing Upcoming Cross Country Star Arianna Armas

ILS Instagram

Arianna Armas runs with her teammates. Left to right: Miriam Osman, Armas, Colette Finely.

Daniella Jansen, Staff

Arianna Armas is a freshman member of the ILS cross country team. 

“I got into cross country because I felt the need and want to do a sport here at school and I found cross country interesting. I’m really liking this sport so far!” she said.

The progress of the team is on a good note this year.

“The team is getting better each day. The last race all the boys did PR which is good,” she said.

Focusing more closely on her improvements she tells us, “I feel like I have improved because I have only been doing this sport for two months, and in my first race I did a time of 30 minutes. In my last race I did 24:48.”

Armas also shares a few tips for some other student athletes: “Never give up. Sometimes it’s gonna be hard and you want to quit but then you are gonna see the results and you are gonna feel proud of yourself.”

She offers a rundown of how she balances her school work and being an athlete.

”I have a determined time for the both things. When I get home, I focus on my school work and try to finish it all so my schoolwork doesn’t accumulate and then have time to play sports without having to worry about my work.”

Armas looks to improve as an athlete and hopes the team will continue to improve for the next season.