That’s a Wrap: Spotify Playlist

Emma Rodriguez, Writer

As the year comes to a close, everyone is tuned in to their Spotify Wrapped playlist having so much fun listening to some of the songs they played on repeat at the start of the year. The Spotify Wrap playlist is an accumulation of all the songs and artists they have listened to this past year, and everyone is excited to see the results.

“I like what they did with the slides. It reminded me of the Snapchat stories, and the true and false game was pretty cool,” said junior Michael Boza.

Other streaming services have started to follow the trend in regards to making a playlist of people’s most played songs and artists. It’s a great way for others who do not use Spotify, but other services like Apple music or Deezer, for example.

“As I have only been using Spotify for a few months, I only got a summary of my recent songs; but as I logged onto Deezer, another streaming service that I have been using for a lot longer, I was surprised to see that they had done the same thing, so I got a much longer list of the songs that I have listed to this year,” said senior Melanie Scheel.

The Spotify Wrap playlist is a great way to listen to your favorite songs and artists in one single place, to know who exactly your favorite artist is, and to see how many hours you have spent listening to music while doing your homework. Many students seem to love it, have fun with the graphics, and can’t wait to see which artist is going to be on the list next year.