Why Do We Choose White Shoes?

Ana Castillo, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Effortless, modern, practical are words to describe the color white. White tends to be the most used color of preference when it comes to shoes. Here at La Salle , when it comes to dress down it is surprising how many students and even teachers have this preference which brings up the question: Why do we wear and choose white?

“I personally wear white shoes because I feel like they go with everything that I would wear on a daily basis. Not even just the clothing I personally pick , with anything it can add a pop of color to contrast or just match,” said Mariandrea Robelo.

White varies in meaning. Something that calls out the most from what students have said is how it conveys simplicity, freshness,  cleanliness and even psychologically adds positive meaning. It even represents a balance as with outfits it just evens out anything strong or light.

“I wear white shoes normally depending on what I am feeling and what I am wearing. All white outfits or even glider color outfits balance out with white shoes. They don’ t have to be all white but in a general way it shows clean and a good natural combination,” said Mario Miller.

White itself is elegant and nice to wear. They go with any color, even with the most simple design on the shoe, the base of it being white still adds so much flare!

— Sophia Castillo

Shoes tend to be an item of outerwear that are not overlooked in the slightest as instead actually one of the most noticeable items when a person looks at you.White for anything on you—clothes, shoes, accessories, and the slightest detail can tend to be a go-to color. As a recommendation, add white to your outfits and you will not regret the touch it adds.