Cross-Country and Swim teams excel in latest meets

Staff

Last week, the ILS cross-country and swim teams neared the end of their seasons with successful showings.

The swim team ended their regular season this week on a strong note. They won three of their final five matches to finish their regular season wit ha 5-4 record.

Last Wednesday, the girls 200-meter medley relay team notched a personal-best time of 2:10. The relay team was made up of freshmen Madison Walsh and Eliza Chandler, junior Ava Chandler, and sophomore Catalina Lujan-Rodriguez. Ava Chandler won the 100-meter backstroke with a personal-best time of 1:08.

The boys swim team regular season ended as well, and they finished with a 3-5 record. Freshman Pablo Lopez Franco won the 200-meter individual medley with a time of 2:12.66. Junior Pedro Beron-Vera won the 100-meter butterfly at Belen. Against Westminster Christian, Lopez Franco won the 200-meeter Freestyle with a time of 2:01 and Beron Vera won the 200-IM and 100-free.

The teams are swimming their best times this year and looking to improve going into districts on October 23rd at Gulliver.

The girls cross-country team finished eighth out of 18 schools in the 2A division at the Disney XC Classic. The girls were led by senior Gabriella Caputo with a time of 22:18.

Junior Victoria Morera finished in 22:26, while freshman Alessia Quiros finished with a personal-best time of 23:17. Junior Isabella Juara also notched a personal-best time of 25:25. Junior Camila Musibay finished in 25:56.

The boys were led by senior Sebastian Cologne with a personal-best time of 20:44. Senior Andrew Quade also finished with a personal best of 20:46.

The cross-country team will prep this week for their district meet on October 23rd at Larry and Penny Thompson Park.