Bienvenuto a ADMA

Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief

ILS became a home to a large number of new freshmen this year, the future class of 2026. In an environment where all is new and scary, ADMA can be a safe place. ADMA is a club run by ILS’s beloved sister, Myriam Mess, who was new to the school last year, yet still made sure ADMA would be offer as warm a welcome as she received upon her arrival at ILS.

Sr. Myriam Mess at last year’s ADMA induction ceremony alongside Fr. Jesus.

Here are some things you should know about the club.

First, what does ADMA  stand for?

ADMA, or the Association of Mary, Help of Christians, was originally named in Italian as  Associazione Di Maria Ausiliatrice.

Why do is the club important?

“I think this club is important because it gives the young people at ILS the opportunity to be more aware of the great friendship they may find in Jesus’ Mother, and it also gives them the mission to spread that friendship,” said Sr. Myriam.

Who does ADMA target or want in their club?

Any young person who wants to further his or relationship to their faith, and especially Mary, as well as anyone who wants to discover her great maternal heart, and who wants to provide service for others who haven’t been as blessed, is welcomed to join.

What do members do?

“Whenever we meet as a club, we have prayer, food, a special project and different kinds of board games. This year we will add a special visit from a special guest. We also engage in service by going to Notre Dame Church on special occasions and have an activity with the CCD kids. In addition, we animate the school rosaries. This year we want to add a special message on LTV the 24th of each month,” she added.

ADMA visits a school in Little Haiti.

The club also visits locations in Little Haiti to help others by show selflessness and gratitude for what they have as well as increasing their awareness for what others don’t, yet very much need. Most of all, ADMA spreads love, kindness, and humility. If these are values you appreciate, ADMA is the perfect place for you.