Adam Levine Cheating Scandal: How Does it Connect to Morality?

Jadilah Fernandez, Executive Editor

Singer Adam Levine has been called out on social media by several women on the internet for cheating on his pregnant wife, Behati Prinsloo. There have been countless allegations that led everyone to conclude that he has 100% been unfaithful.
Adam Levine standing with his wife Behati Prinsloo.

Being loyal is the main source of unity in a relationship through God.

— Ms. Cristina Lopez Hernandez

“I used poor judgment in speaking with anyone other than my wife in ANY kind of flirtatious manner,” wrote Levine in a statement released recently.
His wife, Behati Prinsloo, is a well-known Namibian model. The two have been together for 10 years and married for 8. Their romance has been publicized over the years, and highlighted with the announcement of her pregnancy.
After finding out that Levine has had numerous affairs with women all over the world, the conventional question has been, “Why cheat on a Victoria’s Secret model?” This is a prime example that physical appearance and beauty do not necessarily prevent infidelity.
A conversation with Ms. LH, also known as Dr. Cristina Lopez-Hernandez, who teaches freshman religion and has a background in psychological counseling, was particularly revealing on the subject.
“When you’re with a person, you work through the difficulties that come up with honesty and integrity,” she said.
Dr. LH, who has been married for 28 years, also added: “I know it’s not easy, but God has been on our side helping us to continue to keep those vows that we promised to keep since the day we got married in the Church.”
She went on to explain that being loyal and showing fidelity to your partner is essential, and even though there are temptations that arise, learning to keep one’s composure is important.
I asked Ms. LH what her definition of morality is because morals are the compass for any relationship.
“Morality is the sense of what is right and what I need to do based on my faith and my beliefs,” she said.
Dr. Cristina Lopez-Hernandez and Features Editor Jadilah Fernandez.

Staying loyal doesn’t necessarily apply to only marriages; it even applies to dating relationships. With this, it is easy to conclude that fidelity is an active factor in a relationship when there is love, trust and promises are being kept.

Proverbs 6:32 states, – But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool, for he destroys himself.

Adam Levine cheating on his beautiful wife has absolutely nothing to do with looks or social status, but it does have much more to do with connecting infidelity to temptations any human being may face at any point in time, and then deciding to do what is right–staying the course.