FSU and UM Rivals Forever

The ongoing rilvarly between FSU and UM has been a common topic here in Florida. This t-shirt is from 1999 when the Seminoles (FSU) beat the Hurricanes (UM).

Alina Figueroa, Writer

FSU and UM were at it again!

At the FSU vs UM game Saturday, UM was hammered by FSU as the final score was 45-3.

FSU and UM have have been rivals forever. They have come head-to-head every year since 1951 and have gone face-to-face once at the Orange Bowl in 2004.

This year, FSU was prepared to finish closing the gap of the number of games they have won against UM. UM has 35 wins against FSU, while they have 32 wins. FSU has s current streak of two wins against UM.

“I always look forward to the friendly competition between the two colleges. They are full of excitement and it is always so entertaining to see how the alumni and students are so proud to be part of their team,” said FSU alumni Daniela Godoy.

Because there are so many Florida residents, and more than one went to either FSU or UM, there is always a friendly competition or bickering between the two. Sometimes you hear the discussion in grocery stores and restaurants. FSU and UM alumni and students are very proud of being part of their teams and will always try to prove themselves.

The game between FSU and UM is always a big deal, and you could feel the competitiveness in the air. You would go to a sports restaurant or anywhere where they had the game, and you would see either FSU or UM fans.

“I am a bit disappointed that we lost a home game, but I am confident that at the next game ,we will beat FSU!” said sophomore Angelina Rey.

Sophomore, Angelina Rey showing her support for her home team UM. 

As of this week, FSU is ranked 18 and UM is ranked 76. FSU has won 7 out of 10 games. UM has won 5 out of 10 games. There is still a long season to go for both of them and both teams are excited to see where they end up!