GivingTuesday Impacts Lives

The annual charitable giving event, #GivingTuesday, takes place each year the week after Thanksgiving.

Jadilah Fernandez, Executive Editor

GivingTuesday

GivingTuesday is a movement that is known for acknowledging the power of generosity worldwide. In general terms, it’s an annual event global (not only ILS) where the Tuesday after Thanksgiving a variety of non-profits ask for donations for their causes and to support their causes.

Created in 2012 with the simple idea of encouraging people to do good in their communities, for the past nine years, the thirst for wanting to help has influenced millions to contribute as much as they can. 

The true definition of radical generosity from the Giving Tuesday webpage.

“Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts, and everyone has something to give,” states the GivingTuesday community on givingtuesday.org. 

Frequently asked questions:

Who organizes GivingTuesday?

GivingTuesday has a global network of partners, leaders, communities, and individuals interested in creating a positive impact for those in need. 

These are the top organization types in the GivingTuesday community

What do you do on GivingTuesday?

Share kindness with people who surround you. 

Speak up for a cause that is significant to you. 

Discover fundraisers in your area to join the cause of giving back to people who truly need it. 

Use social media! Talk about generosity and helping using the hashtag #GivingTuesday. 

How much did ILS receive from GivingTuesday?

ILS collected approximately $52,030. 

Does the GivingTuesday organization raise money or collect fees in the event?

No, all funds raised and all activities organized are to benefit non-profit organizations. The money raised goes directly to the organizations, and GivingTuesday does not charge any fees or additional costs. 

ILS has been part of GivingTuesday for three years with this year’s particular focus on tuition assistance, so all funds went for to support students who wish to attend, but lack the resources.

“Thank you to Mercy Medical Staff Charity and The Brito Family for each providing a $10,000 matching gift to help us DOUBLE our impact. Go Royals!” stated the ILS community on Instagram @immaculatalasalle. 

The grand total collected from the GivingTuesday foundation for this year.

The ILS community definitely looks forward to helping this amazing cause every year with the support of all Royals. Thank you to everyone who donated and made a huge difference in the lives of those students who want to be a part of the ILS community. 

Find out more information on: https://www.givingtuesday.org/