A Celebration For Catholic School Students: A Look Back

Seniors+join+Mr.+Tim+Gamwell+during+Don+Bosco+Day+Mass+at+last+years+celebration.+

Photo Creds- ILS Instagram

Seniors join Mr. Tim Gamwell during Don Bosco Day Mass at last year’s celebration.

Hannah Brewster, Sports Editor

“At the Winter Formal everyone was dressed nice and the set up was very pretty.”

— Miranda Grande

Sophomores on Rock Climbing wall during Don Bosco Day. (Photo Creds- ILS Instagram)
Don Bosco drawing from Don Bosco day. (Photo Creds- ILS Instagram)
Sophomore girls walk around during Don Bosco day. (Hannah Brewster)

When Immaculata-La Salle celebrated Catholic Schools Week, a time for all to come together as a school and celebrate our faith as well as have fun. Monday the week kicked off with a pep rally filled with school spirit, giving the student body an opportunity to  recognize the winter sports teams as well as to listen to teammates discuss the season in progress.to hear the teams talk about how their season

On Tuesday for Don Bosco Day, one of the most popular events here at ILS, everyone enjoyed the cotton candy, sno-cones, popcorn, bounce houses, and rock climbing wall. Most prospective ILS students have likely heard of Don Bosco Day, a fun-filled day unique to ILS, and something every ILS student looks forward to experiencing every year.

Don Bosco Day began as it always does with a celebration of the Mass, featuring popular visiting priest, Fr. Steve. The Mass is an ideal way to begin the day because it offers everyone a chance to worship first before fully appreciating the fun that follows.

Don Bosco day was especially a treat for the freshman who got to experience their first one. One of the most popular activities, aside from the rock climbing wall, were games in the SLC.

Lastly, on Saturday ILS hosted its Winter Formal were freshmen again got to experience their first high school formal, and had an amazing time.

Catholic Schools Week has proven to be an essential staple of attending Catholic school as well as an opportunity for everyone to develop in faith while having a good time.