ILS Girls Beach Volleyball Season Ramping Up

Come watch the girls at their first game this Tuesday at la salle

Umi Noritake, Writer

As their first game approaches, the girls of the ILS Beach Volleyball are pumped to start off their season against Pace next Tuesday.

“I’m looking forward to playing with this new team because I feel that we have a lot of potential, and I’m very excited about playing on our new courts,” said sophomore Pau Maribe when asked about what she looks forward to the most for this upcoming season.

When I asked the girls what school they were looking forward to playing against the most, the majority of them said Carrollton. I was surprised with this answer because I didn’t understand the rivalry the girls have against Carrollton in both indoor and beach volleyball. With some expertly asked questions, the girls explained the Carrollton-ILS volleyball rivalry has been one for quite some time. And whenever they play, the competitiveness and fire between the two teams skyrockets.

I asked Senior Maya Garcia what she is looking forward to the most this season and she said, “I am going all out for this season and I hope I can help the underclassmen and leave an impression on them before I leave.”

With their new courts, the girls are looking for a proper home court advantage. It will likely make all the matches that much more personal because it is at home. This coupled with the fact that there are some intense rivalries between ILS and other schools. The Girls’ Beach Volleyball season is looking to be an intense and adrenaline filled one for sure.

So, the girls have their match against Pace this Tuesday, and it marks the beginning of their season and the road to districts. Make sure to show up this TUESDAY to support the Girls’ Beach Volleyball team.