ETC #84, PEACE OUT

Alessandra Merino

Seniors Maya Garcia and Alessie Lastres, and junior Sebastian Pacheco served as leaders to participants Roiler Acosta and Joseph Batalla.

Maya Garcia, Sports Editor

“Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.” – Isaiah 55:6-7 (NIV)

“It’s always a lot of fun going, we create such strong bonds with everyone”

— Lucas Mateo Franco

We may feel lost and alone at times, especially being in high school, not knowing what to do and feeling unfulfilled is normal for us. ETC is for those of us that feel like we need to heal through God’s embrace by growing in faith and as a person. As seniors, this past Encounter Towards Christ was the last one. For you upcoming juniors and seniors, Campus Ministry definitely recommends being a part of this retreat, and  of course, the other retreats they offer. They create these retreats with love and compassion through every detail. Reach out to attend and even lead these encounters!

Seniors Karolina Campos, Gabriella Diaz, Alessandra Merino, and Mariette Manso during ETC. (Alexandria Emirzian)

Mr. Nick Shaheen, Mrs. Milly Beltran, Mr. Julio Soriano, Ms. Maritere Manso, and many teacher volunteers are the ones to thank for creating such beautiful opportunities for ILS students to grow in their faith. Our senior directors, Luis Penate, Ilen Perez Valdes, and Daniella Del Valle, worked countless days and weeks to put their own spin on ETC, creating an overall amazing experience for everyone. 

Students drawing and having fun during lunch. (Maya Garcia)

Retreats like this really help you take time away to become reacquainted with God, to examine your priorities in life, and start making practical resolutions for improvement. Retreats can be a powerful step toward self help. It is the opportunity to have a deeper connection with God and with others who want to help in times of need.

“I’m so glad I went because the experience really helped me to be closer to God”

— Anakarina Blavia

Take the chance! Push yourself towards love ❤️

Remember to always live through God. 🙏❤️