The ILS Sailing Team’s Most Recent Event

The Immaculata Sailing Team is pictured here, in their element.

Signum

Penelope Martinez, Entertainment Editor

The ILS sport teams had a pretty eventful week, especially the ILS Sailing team, which is a big part of the student lifestyle here at Immaculata-La Salle. The Sailing team is back at it again. On Saturday, February 25th, the team participated at the Ransom Regatta.

It was an all-day event which started at around 10 AM. This was an event open for whomever wanted to show up– students, staff, family or anyone willing, was invited to come out to support the Royal Fleet or their fellow classmates at Ransom. The students had an amazing run.

Keith GrupenHoff, who is a part of the sophomore class, finished in 1st, which was tied in division A. This win helped the JV group in finishing 2nd overall. The Varsity team did have a bit of a tougher race compared to the JV section, and this led them to end up finishing 10th out of the 18 teams that came to compete in this competition. The Varsity division of Danny Riano, who is a part of the senior class, and Carolina Caudron, who is also a part of the  senior class, ended up finishing 6th overall in this race. This team has been having a great season, and ILS couldn’t be more proud!

There is no current date for their next event, but if you would like to keep up with the sailing team and their schedule, look towards the ILS Instagram and the Royal Courier for more updates. Go Royals!