Faces of ILS

ILS Official Logo

Writer Umi Noritake set out to get to meet more of his ILS family.

Umi Noritake, Writer

Isn’t it crazy how we really don’t know everyone at La Salle? 

I know I’m not the only one who has been at ILS to for three years with people I’ve never even met!

To remedy this predicament, I set out to interview two members of our faculty and one student at random to find the answers to some questions in order to really paint a picture of our ILS family as individuals.

Sister Katie

This is Sister Katie Flanagan, FMA. She teaches morality and plays an extremely important role in her students’ lives. Sr. Katie is the most kind, caring, and empathetic person according to her students. She is there to listen to every rant and makes sure to listen to even the insignificant things. ILS is so lucky to have her as she continues to serve as an inspiration to us everyday. A fun fact about Sr. Katie is that she was a ballerina in high school. Her favorite thing about ILS is the Salesian Family spirit and how everyone supports each other.

Mr. Jose Companioni

This is Mr. Jose Companioni. He teaches math and coaches the Boys’ Lacrosse team. He’s always cracking jokes and a fun fact about him is that though he originally majored in biology during his college years, he currently teaches math. He is looking forward to the new athletic building coming soon.

Mia Suarez

This is Mia Suarez who is a sophomore at ILS.  Her favorite dinosaur is a pterodactyl. Her favorite color is green and her personality is fun and bubbly. One of the things appreciates the most about attending ILS is that every school day shee get to experience the famous and universally appreciated sunrise view across beautiful Biscayne Bay and beyond.