The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

JoBlo

Ghost Face in action during the new 2023 Scream 6 film.

Does Scream 6 Do the Franchise Justice?

Scream 5 vs Scream 6:

Many fans of the Scream franchise have debated whether the eclectic vibe of the past two movies have lived up to the four original films. There is an 11-year gap between the 4th and the 5th movies with the 5th focusing on an all-new cast which received a bad response from many fans. 

One viewer wrote that this movie, ​​Didn’t do the original justice. Was pretty lame. Not sure why the reviews are as high as they are.”

Now, fast forward to 2023, and a new movie is on the way, a “sequel” to the “reboot.” Once the trailer dropped, many were pumped for this movie, hoping that it would be better than its predecessor:

Love the vibe of this trailer. It definitely has a darker, more sinister tone than the last film,” reads a recent comment.

Scream 6 Ratings:

This movie got amazing reviews becoming  the highest rated Scream in the audience category with a score of 91%. It is the 3rd highest rating in the critic category with 77%. 

Spoilers Ahead!:
In Scream 5, fans met a character by the name of “Richie Kirsch” (Jack Quaid), who is one of the two ghost faces and the love interest of “Sam Carpenter”(Melissa Barrera). He is one of the most hated ghost faces of the franchise. In Scream 6, the audience learned of three new characters (aka Richie’s family) named “Quinn Bailey” (Liana Liberato), “Wayne Bailey” (Dermot Mulroney), and “Ethan Landry” (Jack Champion). Once the infamous “3rd Act” happens, the audience becomes well aware that these three were the ghost faces. This twist shocked many fans since this has never happened before.

Even though this movie received such a high rating, this part was also noted as its weakest. 

Scream 6 was great, but the whole ghost face reveal was just WAY too predictable,” expressed one review. 

Many detest their motive, which was to avenge Richie, since he is very disliked. That being said, the scene was still very entertaining and held much significance to the past movies. There were also other factors that were able to save the movie as a whole.

Even though this movie was missing the beloved final girl, Sidney Prescott, it still managed to get amazing reviews, aside from the ghost face controversy. Fans loved the new setting of NYC, finding it a fresh vibe. They really enjoyed the return of fan favorites such as “Kirby Reed” (Hayden Panettiere), who was first introduced in Scream 4,  and the legendary “Gale Weathers” (Courtney Cox), who has carried the “final girl” title since 1996. The film was overall very well received and fans are excited for the future of Scream, which means this movie does do the franchise justice.

Royal Courier • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$0
$500