The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Gabriela Pinate

A picture collection of some of the K-pop albums I own including Black pink, NCT 127, and BTS.

The Power Of K-Pop

K-pop is a music genre which originated in Korea and has influenced many types of music from pop to electronic.

Over the years, K-pop has become a global phenomenon.

K-pop started with auditions to find the most talented and attractive young people.

If they pass the audition, they become a trainee.

Then, there is a survival  show where all of the trainees exhibit their talents while competing for a debuting group.

After that, they train until they are ready to make their debut. Some of them have to train for years until ready.

The groups do everything together: train together, live together.

There are girl groups and boy groups. There is also soloists.

The whole K-pop industry started in 1950 with the group, The Kim Sisters.

A picture of the original K-pop group, The Kim Sisters that started it all in the 1950’s. The Sisters are picture here with American crooning icon, Dean Martin. (Creative Commons)(photographer Chick Sponder)

The Kim Sisters were a Korean pop music trio that spoke no English, but by performing American pop songs, helped them to achieve fame in the U.S.

Their members consisted of  Sue, Ai-ja, and Mia.

Fun fact: Sue and Ai-ja are actually sisters, but Mia is their cousin.

The group’s genres included pop music and jazz.

There are a big number of groups out there, and there have been an on and off argument about who is the most famous group.

One of the most famous K-pop groups of all time, BTS (photographer Gabriela Pinate)

BTS is a K-pop boy group that started in 2013, and consists of members RM, Jin, Suga, J-hope, Jimin, V , and Jungkook.

BTS has accomplished many things: they spoke at the UN, met the President Joe Biden, and were the first ever K-pop group to perform at the Grammys.

Their debut song was “No more Dream.”

Along with the boy groups are girl groups.

Black Pink, one of the most famous girl group in all of Kpop(photographer Gabriela Pinate)

Black Pink is a K-pop group that debuted in 2016, and consists of members, Rosé, Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo

Black Pink has also accomplished many things. They were the first K-pop group to perform at Coachella back in 2019. They also have solo songs all four of them, and their songs are really well known.

Their debut song is “Whistle”

The bad thing about K-pop is that the groups or just the idols themselves get a lot of hate, from of course, haters.

They receive hate and threats and some have even take their own lives because because of the pressure.

K-pop is not just a genre; it’s about the communication, and the friends fans can make because of it.

I have like this type of music since 2019, and it has helped me make new friends and helped me feel better about myself.

I know that many people at ILS like it as well.

Source:https://www.lafilm.edu/blog/a-brief-history-of-kpop, and Google.

Royal Courier • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in