Girls basketball team ready for the season

Ryan Desalle, Writer

As fall sports come to an end, the ILS girls varsity basketball team is preparing for their season.

The girls face off against Somerset Academy on November 19th here at the Don Bosco Arena.

This will be the girls’ first game of the season and they’re ready to put up a fight, especially after preparing with a new coaching staff.

Coach Danny Arguello has been on top of these girls since he arrived here on campus and he as well as the girls are heading in to the season strong. 

“My goal here is to create a sustainable program for years to come,” said Coach Arguello.

The amount of training and attitude this team has been put through the past few months is surreal and there mentality towards there games has been stronger than ever. 

The team is confident towards their first game since they previously beat Somerset twice last season, but they aren’t going in head over heals. The team is still constantly practicing and growing into there momentum for this season.

With Coach Arguello as the new Head Coach, the team wants to put his work into use. Juniors Camila Corvalan and Ana Sol will serve as the team’s captains this year. Other returning players are sophomores Cassandra Martinez de Castro and Victoria Acosta.

Coach Arguello stated at the beginning of this year that, “There’s a lot of potential but it’s just the matter and how fast we can adapt to my system and style of play.” This gives high hopes for the girls basketball team after adapting to Coach Arguello’s style of play and his interpretation of basketball.

The ILS community is ready to cheer on the team along their journey this season and is going be supporting them each game. The school is extremely excited and proud to see what Coach Arguello has done to the basketball team and we can’t wait till the start of the season. 

The dedication and commitment the team has been putting in is going to be worth it when they start there season and show LaSalle what they are made of. November 19th will be the start of something huge.