Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Uniform Checks: Daily Routine

Uniform Checks have gotten More Common ILS Since Last Year
Maria Ignacia Cadenas
Sophomore Skylar Granado sports the regulation polo all ILS students must wear, regardless of whether they have a sweater over it.

Having Dean of Students Mr. James Rydborn come into classrooms for a uniform check has become the new normal. As he draws his observations and writes up a few demerits for not having the proper shoes, or missing the polo under the sweater, this has become an increasingly common occurrence.

“I feel like it’s pretty annoying to do so because the uniform is also the sweater,” said senior Martina Diaz.

Most students believe since the sweater is also part of the uniform, they don’t need to wear a polo underneath. This phenomenon has led to widespread complaints from students who receive demerits for this particular infraction.

“Personally, I get so hot when I wear the shirt and sweater, and I feel like wearing the sweater alone is fine as long as you don’t take it off,” said freshman Alia Baker.

The classrooms get so cold sometimes that students prefer to sweat a little walking from class to class than be freezing for hours on end inside. Nonetheless Mr. Rydborn along with other faculty members think that wearing a shirt underneath is not a huge ask.

“I’m not sure why it bothers people. Personally, I don’t like the fabric inside the sweater so I like to wear the polo…it’s a simple rule to follow,” said senior Talia Lerebours.

Most faculty members would agree with Lerebous believing that the rule is so simple that students are just asking for demerits by refusing to wear the polo underneath.

“In regard to students not wearing the correct uniform, I believe that we have a uniform code that we must adhere to. We live in Miami, Florida. Wearing a sweater in general sounds like a bad idea anyway,” said Mr. Nick Shaheen

Teachers think that it’s strange students prefer to wear the sweater instead of the shirt in Miami given the heat plus humidity. What they are not taking into consideration is the fashion sense this generation has for athleisure. Regardless of the weather, that look is preferred.

$0
$500