The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Overrated or Underrated

Pumpkin Spice!
Eva de la Torre
6:45 AM, Tuesday, October 10: Trying a pumpkin spice latte for the first time.

This poll has ended.

Do you like pumpkin spice lattes?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

As the fall season continues, Pumpkin Spice fanatics go wild. The burning question strikes up once again.

Is Pumpkin Spice overrated, or, is it actually good?

Made with a blend of ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, the pumpkin spice latte envelopes coffee lovers with its alluring aroma and flavor.

“It tastes really good and gives people something to look forward to in the fall,” said senior Estefania Boy Assaf.

Estefania explains that after trying Pumpkin Spice for the first time as a freshman, it quickly became a staple drink for every fall season after.

“It’s definitely not overrated,” she said adamantly.

The Pumpkin Spice craze has even got a hold on teachers and students alike at Immaculata-La Salle High School.

“It’s not overrated. Its actually really good,” said theology teacher, Mr. Nicolas Shaheen, as he explained that depending on where its from can make a big different on the taste and quality.

The Fine Arts Club and NAHS hosted a fundraiser this month where members made Pumpkin Spice lattes and sold goodies for students and teachers before the start of the school day.

“It was a really good Pumpkin Spice latte,” Mr. Shaheen recalled.

A homemade latte by members of the Fine Arts Club trumps Starbucks, or so it seems.

Is it overrated though? English teacher Mr. Tim Gamwell shares his view.

“Oh, it’s 100% overrated,” he said explaining that while it’s good, it is definitely over-hyped.

According to students and teachers who are Pumpkin Spice fans, the quality of the latte depends on the place and products used to make it. Many, like Mr. Shaheen, exclaimed their amazement at how good the lattes made my the Fine Arts Club members were. Home made and poured in a paper cup specially drawn on with Halloween ghosts and pumpkins, it made peoples’ day.

Now, it’s your turn. Would you try a Pumpkin Spice latte?

$0
$500