Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

What Makes ILS Different Than Other Schools in Miami?

The+Cuban+flag+symbolizes+the+country+of+where+Mr.+Jesus+Uriarte+is+originally+from.+Feria+Latina%2C+the+reason+for+the+flag+display+is+another+great+reason+that+makes+ILS+a+special+place.+
Daniela Beltran
The Cuban flag symbolizes the country of where Mr. Jesus Uriarte is originally from. Feria Latina, the reason for the flag display is another great reason that makes ILS a special place.

Every school has unique characteristics, different opportunities, and different ways of teaching. Immaculata-La Salle stands out for multiple reasons such as the amazing food, its strong community engagement, innovative teaching methods, a nurturing environment, security that makes you feel safe, etc. Every school can prepare students for success in both academic and personal lives, but ILS is one of a kind.

ILS is an environment that feels like home to most people. Here there is excitement all around, as the school offers opportunities for all to participate. ILS creates events such as retreats, to help build and grow a relationship with God, which is something that makes ILS special. At ILS, they are always promoting all different types of fundraisers like, Cool & Creamy, Kona Ice, Dippin Dots, etc. 

With this being said, here is some of feedback from a handful of ILS students:

“ILS offers better clubs and many service opportunities, the environment makes you feel welcomed, and the teachers are more willing to help their students,” said junior Gina Weinstein.

“ILS has things on the bathroom doors that you can only have access to if you have your school ID on you, which I think is a very smart decision because it protects our safety,” said freshman, Victoria Beird. 

“As I joined the ILS family, I’ve come to realize how much of a great community La Salle has, where it is filled with supportive teachers and the friendships that I will carry on for life,” said senior Stetson Angelo.

After receiving everyone’s opinions, it is safe to say that ILS is definitely one of a kind. Although there are multiple other private Catholic schools in Miami, ILS is the one school that students indicated makes them feeling the most comfortable, safe, accepted, and overall, a happy place to learn.

$0
$500