ILS Homecoming Game Chronicles

Daniela Beltran
La Salle vs St. Brendan football game scoreboard reveals the truth, but that did not stop Royals fans from giving the players their support and enthusiasm.

Homecoming Week is one of the most exciting weeks of the school year as everyone looks forward to dressing up, getting loud, winning, etc. But the build up of the week leads to the Homecoming football game, which gets everyone on their toes, football players get nervous, cheerleaders get excited, and everyone wants to see the football hit the touchdown line. 

However, this year ILS missed the win just by two points. The atmosphere on campus was a mix of disappointment and determination. The players were upset, but the crowd was applauding, the cheerleaders were uplifting the team’s spirit, and students, although a little disappointed, still kept the mood light and happy. 

When games are lost, most people are bummed out and just leave but not at La Salle! So many people showed up and supported, even some students and administration were surprised:

“I’ve never seen one of our games so packed! I really didn’t expect to see so many people,” said Dean of Students, Mr. James Rydborn.

Now hearing some students and teachers talk about the game isn’t nearly the same as a football player giving his own thoughts and experience..

“I think we lost because we just had too many mistakes and missed multiple opportunities. Before the game, I was feeling very confident and I thought we would win, but after the game when we lost I was so mad that I can’t even put it into words. I was mad at everyone—myself, my teammates and my coaches because I feel that we shouldn’t have lost that game,” said senior Stetsen Angelo.

Most players felt this way over this game but in the end, the crowd was supportive and cheerful.

“Although we lost, I had a good experience going to the game. I had a very fun time, and I would’ve regretted it if I wouldn’t have gone.”

— Emilie Reyes

Although the scoreboard reflected a loss, the hearts of La Salle won in spirit, in determination, and in bonds of togetherness. 

$0
$500