Treats No Tricks Provides New Insights for Junior Class

Eager to be Parents and Understanding of Day Care Workers
One of the children from Treats No Tricks enjoys her time with ILS juniors. Positive experiences such as Treats No Tricks can have lasting and beneficial after-affects well into adulthood.
Gina Weinstein

Treats No Tricks, a day where children who attend certain ADOM  schools can peacefully enjoy the benefits of Halloween with the aid of Immaculata-La Salle’s junior class is an annual tradition.

“Treats No Tricks is a day where little kids can come and trick or treat throughout the school and enjoy Halloween without the fear of being harmed,” Ms. Maria De la Guardia elaborated.

While the children wander about the school with candy bags, ‘passports,’ and activities to fulfill, they are accompanied by students in the junior class.

“While the kids trick or treat, the ILS students will be mentoring and ensuring the kids have a good time,” she further explained.

During this impactful day, light was shed and an understanding was found in the junior’s minds. A new perspective was gained as they had to monitor the children and provide them entertainment.

“I never realized how exhausting being with kids is. My social battery is completely gone,” Alina Figueroa shared.

The insightful revelation about the realities of taking care of children brought an appreciation to those who occupy jobs with children all day.

“The day care workers and pre-k teachers now have my full understanding. Their job is much harder than it seems,” she said.

In addition to the gratitude for the adults who work with children, gratitude for single parents was attained. Whilst the juniors had to do the many activities and tasks in a group; many couldn’t imagine handling the child alone.

“I am struggling with a single day of trick or treating. I cannot imagine the struggle of a single parent,” Alina elaborated.

A separate point of view some students found this day to be was an exciting snippet of life as a parent.

I am enjoying my time being with the kids. I truly cannot wait to have my own.

— Rafa Orozco

,” junior Rafa Orozco said.

To him and many others, spending the day with the kids sparked a deeper intrigue and eagerness into the life of parenthood.

“Spending time with the little kids is honestly so fun. They are so entertaining to be with,” he continued to share.

As seen, Tricks No Treats provided refreshing mindsets to the junior class and impacted them mentally. However they were affected, a new excitement for parenthood or realization of the work and attention kids require, both assisted in making the day extremely beneficial and touching for the students.

$0
$500