Online versus In person shopping can offer the consumer a variety of choices.
Online Vs. Shopping In Person
Daniela Beltran, Writer • May 1, 2024
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

Golf: The Pursuit of Relaxation and Precision

Timeless Sport Loved by Many
Imagine+of+a+private+golf+course+in+Hershey%2C+PA.++
Jasmine Rassi
Imagine of a private golf course in Hershey, PA.

Golf is a sport that has captured the hearts of many, and been loved for many generations as it has often been referred to as “The Gentleman’s Game.”

This sport combines the elements of precision, patience, and relaxation. Golf is very accessible for many, which is another reason why it is so loved. Many golf courses can be found nearby, especially here in Miami.

“There’s a golf course right next to my house, and I love watching all the elderly people get mad for not scoring properly,” said senior Andrea Celada.

Players of all skill levels are able to enjoy this precise game.

Whether you are a seasoned pro or a novice at this game, there’s a place for you. For example, a location here in our hometown of Miami is Top Golf. Top Golf has a range of all types of golf players; pros or beginners, old and or young, everyone is welcome.

“I love going to Top Golf and hanging out with my friends, I really feel like it’s a fun activity to do with your friends,” said senior Lucia Salazar.

Golf has a special charm of being simple, yet complex. Golf has a very straight forward objective—get the ball inside the hole with as few strokes as possible. Yet, the journey of doing so, is very enjoyable and relaxing. Golfing requires understanding the pursuit of perfection with each stroke of the club.

Golfing not only is a great workout while still being able to maintain relaxation, but it is also a great mental game. Golf players must calculate and concentrate on every stroke in order to get the perfect angle. Golfing contains a very unique blend of physical and mental challenges, which is why it is loved by many for years.

Many can either disagree or agree, but golf is not just a sport. It is a timeless mental pursuit of precision, relaxation, and enjoyment. Golf is a game that is enjoyed by all types of people; whether being younger or older. This sport is a perfect unique blend of physical and mental games while still soothing the player.

I personally love golfing, especially mini golfing with my family, I feel like it really brings us together while still giving us something to compete about.

— Andrea Garza

Golf provides an escape from reality and still offers a challenge with it. No wonder it is loved by so many. So next time, you should give golf a try!

$0
$500