Don Bosco Day Celebrated at ILS

Part 2 of 3
An interactive Don Bosco Day Mass at ILS featured a sleight-of-hand magic trick performed by visiting priest, Father Tran.
ILS Instagram

Imm

“May the holiness of Saint Don Bosco, who we remember today as a father and a teacher to youth, be a guide, especially to you dear young people, in achieving your future projects, as you welcome the plan that God has for each of us.”

— Pope Francis

Each January 31st, the Roman Catholic Church honors St. John Bosco (Don Bosco), an Italian priest who founded the Salesian society (see more about who he is and what he did in Part 1 of 3).  January 31st is a feast day for all Salesians and members of the Roman Catholic Church in commemoration of Don Bosco’s life and achievements. The reason as to why this former priest is celebrated, specifically each January 31st, is because he passed away on that very day in 1888:

Led by the Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco, ILS focuses on his feast day every year by gathering together and preparing activities based on Don Bosco’s oratory model which entails the experiences of home, school, church and playground:

“The activities during Catholic Schools’ Week at ILS are super fun. I remember a couple years back, some students had made a Don Bosco day skit and posted it on YouTube,” shared junior Sofia Lambert.

In order to make these elements alive in every aspect of children’s lives, Don Bosco sought to answer the following questions: what makes this place welcoming (home)? What can be learned here (school)?  What is the element of prayer (faith)? And what makes this place interesting or fun (playground)?

On Don Bosco day, ILS emphasizes these core values by welcoming all students to the feast, teaching them about his doctrines, holding a Mass in his honor, and organizing activities including skits and games at which students get to be creative.

“Don Bosco Day is very important and it’s an enjoyable way to celebrate the achievements of Don Bosco,” said senior Miriam Osman. 

$0
$500