Art Walk Showcased ILS Talent

This+photo+illustration+showcases+the+vibrant%2C+enjoyable%2C+and+creative+environment+found+every+year+at+ILSs+annual+Art+Walk.+At+its+center+is+an+acrylic-based+painting+executed+to+perfection+by+senior+Roy+Justiniani.+
Victoria Harding
This photo illustration showcases the vibrant, enjoyable, and creative environment found every year at ILS’s annual Art Walk. At its center is an acrylic-based painting executed to perfection by senior Roy Justiniani.

Aligning with many of the art events happening in Miami, every year the Fine Arts department at ILS hosts Art Walk.

“I love that everyone comes together to celebrate art and honor people’s talents. There’s a lot of hidden talent at ILS that you wouldn’t expect. Art Walk is a great opportunity to show that,” emphasized Secretary of the Drama Club and Senior, Maya Martinez

The IlS community was treated to an array of artistic creations such as handcrafted jewelry, paintings, sketches, photographs and even, believe it or not, pet rocks. Along with being able to sell their art, students had the option to showcase their pieces. 

“It’s cool how people comment and talk about your paintings. The criticism is really important when you want to improve,” said senior Veronica Salazar. 

“It’s really gratifying to see your work among other artists,” said senior Nadia Pages.

The vendors displayed all their art works with every table managing to be unique and fun in its own way. For example, sophomore Camila Garcia graced everyone’s eyes with her almost life-like paintings and drawings. Her entire table was beautifully filled with art ranging widely from portraits to landscapes as well as still lifes.. Another standout was Roxanna Lynch as at every Art Walk she showcases all her handmade jewelry and decorative headpieces. An additional vendor who also comes yearly is Gustavo Alonso. Gus is known for selling his famous pet rocks.

“Art walk shows you how to make connections with people so that they can contact you later,” said sophomore and vendor Camilia Garcia.

Performing artists were also on display. The IlS Drama Club, led by junior Miguel Suarez-Cabal, opened the stage to the audience for a couple rounds of improv. Performance also gave the audience a teaser of the upcoming musical production of Les Miserables, where the vocal abilities of the Paccheco Family shined. Music teacher Mr. Armando Alicandu and the ILS band also pumped up attendees with a musical showcase of their own. The Glee Club performed a beautiful rendition of, “You’re the One that I Want” from the musical Grease.

The many talented entertainers and creative vendors played an important role in making the night as memorable as it was. 

$0
$500