First Round Of District Competition For ILS Thespians

The+ILS+Thespians+performed+at+the+District+8+competition+held+at+Miami+Art+Studio+last+weekend.+

The ILS Thespians performed at the District 8 competition held at Miami Art Studio last weekend.

Alyssa Abril, Editor-in-chief

On November 23rd, 2019 some of the ILS Thespians traveled to Miami Arts Studio to compete in the first round of District competitions for Florida Thespians. 

Cesar Camacho, Giorgio Fernandez and Giulio Torrens perform a group scene at the district competition.

Florida Thespians is a theater competition where high school students compete in different categories such as solo musical, duet scene, scenic design, and so many other categories. There are a total of about 16 different categories students can choose to compete in. 

The district competitions are separated into two different competition days. One on November 23rd, 2019 and one on December 7th, 2019. Depending on which event you are in determines which day you compete. 

The students who receive superiors in their event during districts will be able to compete in states  in March 2020 in Tampa, Fl. 

Most of the students gained a superior in their pieces. The Thespians hope in the next round of competitions to bring home more superior scores. 

The second set of district competitions will take place on December 7th, 2019 and will include categories such as playwriting, pantomime, and monologues. 

The Thespians are anxious for the next set of districts but are ready to give it their all and bring home more superiors for Troupe 3065!