Categories:

Senior Plans in Order

Out with the old seniors and in with the new leveled up juniors.
Miguel Suarez-Cabal

Senior year is approaching for the class of 2025, and many, if not all, are getting their plans in order. In the realm of making productive plans, there is essentially no way to go wrong. From signing up for internships to making plans with friends, all of it will end up building character and preparing rising seniors for real life.

“Next year I’m going to go all out. I’m going to work at Mathnasium for some extra cash, attend all the school events, especially prom, invite my friends over at least once a month, and hopefully, I get to go to Halloween Horror Nights,” said junior Stephanie Perera.

Working during high school can be quite a hassle, as time management becomes next to impossible. However, the positive benefits are numerous, such as earning a wage and gaining job experience.

Justin Pastor is one of the many musicians at ILS, his main job being an accompanist for the ILS choir. (Miguel Suarez-Cabal)

“My only real plans for my senior year are to hopefully start getting some real good music gigs soon,” said junior Etienne Ferrell, who happens to play both tuba and electric guitar.

Some ILS students are branching out into the music field, getting work from restaurants, concert halls, and other venues. Although music careers are difficult to maintain, having a musical side gig is always advantageous for making connections and future job opportunities.

“For senior year I want to go to every school event I can and enjoy every moment I have left at ILS because time has flown by so fast,” said junior Daniella Coro.

Although many seniors are unaware of their limited time at ILS, Daniella, or Dani, is ready to savor every last moment. High school consists of 16 quarters, eight semesters, or four years. No matter how you look at it, it seems like a lot of time until it’s over.

$20
$500