Boys Basketball Defeats St. Brendan

Both+the+varsity+and+jv+boys+basketball+teams+picked+up+wins+over+St.+Brendan+last+Friday.+

Both the varsity and jv boys basketball teams picked up wins over St. Brendan last Friday.

Victoria Betancourt, Writer

On Friday, Boys JV and Varsity hosted the St. Brendan basketball team in the Lions Den, scoring another win for both teams. Varsity defeated St. Brendan 79-62.

This was a huge bounce back from last game against Riviera Prep for Varsity. There was a lot of energy at the two games, many people coming out to support their fellow Royal Lions. 

The team was being carried by junior Joshua Fernandez, scoring 19 points in total for the team. Right behind him was Emilio Ramirez, scoring 16 points in total.

There was excitement in the air and at the end of the game, you could see the team rejoicing inside the weight room from the science building parking lot. 

The JV team also scored a victory over St. Brendan, 56-6. It was a dominant effort for the JV team in their second win of the season.

Sophomore Christian Pizzorni lead the team in scoring with 12 points. Freshman Joshua Barquin chipped in with nine points. The JV team is now 2-2 on the season.

ILS boys varsity is 3-2, hoping to score another win tonight. 

Today, December 16th, La Salle basketball has an away game against Hebrew Academy.

Make sure to come out and support the ILS basketball teams, JV starts at 6:30 and Varsity at 7:30.