Categories:

What’s ClassLink?

How do teachers and students feel about this new app?
iPads at ILS display the new layout for apps and access called Classlink meant to facilitate usage for everyone.
Brecelis Valdes

Over the summer, the Tech team at ILS made the switch from Clever to ClassLink. The goal was to create a one-stop dashboard for teachers and students. ClassLink is a platform that allows users to access all their apps with just one login. This makes it easier for both students and teachers, as they no longer have to remember multiple passwords. It includes all the necessary apps for students, except for Notability and Showbie: Pass, PlusPortal, Savvas EasyBridge, and many more. One cool feature is that if you log in through Safari, you can fully customize your ClassLink experience. Click on the person icon at the top right and select “Settings.” Once in Settings, click on the tab called “Theme.” There, you can customize your layout, font style, and wallpaper.

ILS student opinions on this new app are mixed.

“I prefer using Clever over ClassLink because I think it’s quicker. When I need to use the restroom, it takes me a long time to log in, and it always asks me for my ID number for some reason. Maybe when I get used to it, I’ll find it better,” said sophomore Belinda Cejas.

“ClassLink is better in the sense that all your apps are in one place. However, it’s something new that has taken us time to get used to. Once people get used to it, they’ll prefer it over Clever,” said sophomore Diego Figueroa.

Although student feedback is mixed, teachers, for the most part, are loving the new upgrade. It allows them to reduce wasted class time trying to access all their apps. New changes take time to adjust to, especially for a technology-dependent generation. It’s no doubt that after some time, everyone will become accustomed to the app, and Clever will be a distant memory.

$45
$500