SAT/ACT Deadline Extended

SAT/ACT Deadline Extended

Alexandra Soler, Writer

On April 9th, 2021 the Florida Department of Education made some adjustments to its requirements for the Class of 2021. This opportunity is one you don’t want to miss out on.

They have extended the SAT/ACT testing deadline to December 1,2021. The original due date was June 1,2021.

This gives students more opportunities to retake the SAT and ACT and try to achieve the required test scores for scholarship. This has been a challenging year for the Class of 2021, with multiple test days being canceled, students didn’t have the opportunity to take the SAT/ACT as many times as needed.

In order to qualify for Bright Futures, you must meet both the GPA and test score requirements set by the Florida Department of Education. SAT must be 1210 or higher, ACT must be 25 or higher with a core GPA of 3.0 or higher.

You must submit your Florida Financial Aid Application for Bright Futures through the website below. If you do not submit this application prior to graduation, you will not be able to submit it afterwards.

Bright Futures is valid for five years or 120 credits, but students must maintain minimum requirements in college.

I would highly recommend seniors to complete your FFAA before graduation and take this opportunity. Even if you are planning on going to a school out of state, you should still apply an award will be available.

If you have any further questions, contact Ms.Hoyos at Carmen.Hoyos@ilsroyals.com