LTV Upgrades with Expanded Studio

Bianca Sanz, Writer

Over spring break, ILS renovated the LTV studio and added more room for the students to work and film. Although the studio now takes up more space in the Student Learning Center, it affords the LTV students a more spacious environment in which to produce the school’s daily news show.

LTV remains one of the most engaging electives a student can take here at ILS. The program was started years ago by Mr. Neil Kjeldsen, who’s the “Mr. K” for LTV’s “Studio K.” The expanded studio added windows on the left side of the room, providing a natural light previously unseen there. In addition, there are new wood floors in the classroom.

“The new LTV room is a game-changer,” said senior and LTV 1 student, senior Anthony Yero. “Aside from being spacious,” he said, “the room now has windows, and having more lighting is key to me staying active and focused in class.”

Another LTV student, senior Sofia Mendoza, also commented, “With the amount of students that are in class right now, we needed the extra room.”

Without doing major construction, ILS sectioned off a part of the Student Learning Center (SLC) that was next to the studio to add the extra space. The classroom is now in a sort of L shape rather than the rectangle it was before.

Beyond the physical changes to the room, a new and improved soundboard was added for the streaming of live sports games on campus and the LTV broadcast itself.

“My first impression was ‘Wooow’. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to the creation of this new space!’” said LTV teacher and program head, Mr. Tony Mendez. “The students seem pretty impressed. I’m loving the sunlight & the view from our new windows, the hardwood floors deliver a sense of serenity just like a yoga studio, and this abundance of space came at a perfect time. It’s simply amazing.”

The Mr. Mendez was ecstatic for his students to see and use the new room. There are tons of computers for students to work on and there’s also more storage for all the cameras, lights, microphones, tripods, etc.

From all of LTV, thank you ILS for improving our classroom so we are able to make the next content possible!