ILS Softball Wins on Senior Night, Represents on All-Conference Team

Staff

Last week, the ILS Softball team took to the field and dominated rival Carrollton High School for the win on Senior Night. Led by the four seniors on the roster, the Lady Royal Lions took it to Carrollton and won 20-10.

Junior Sophia Hidalgo got the start and pitched two solid innings before senior star pitcher Maia Medina entered in relief. Medina finished the game and earned the win on Senior Night. Medina also chipped in at the plate, picking up four hits and two RBI while scoring three runs herself.

Senior Ariana Emirzian caught a great game behind the plate and added to the scoring with three hits of her own. She knocked in three runs and scored two herself.

Sophomore Sofia Lopez also impressed at the plate with four hits and three RBI. She scored three times as well. Freshman Jasmine Finley was a defensive star on the night, and she also notched three hits, scored twice and had a key RBI that spurred a big rally.

It was a wonderful comeback win that capped off a fantastic Senior Night for the four seniors: Maia Medina, Ariana Emirzian, Megan Mitchell and Isabella Russo.

Following their Senior Night win, the ILS Lady Royal Lions softball team was represented well on the South Florida Softball All-Conference teams.

The ceremony at Palmer Trinity School saw senior Maia Medina and junior Sophia Hidalgo earn All-First Team honors. Senior Ariana Emirzian and sophomore Sophia Lopez each earned spots on the All-Conference second team. Freshman Ashley Fonseca landed on the All-Conference third team.