Cheer Tryouts and Nationals Celebration

Victoria Betancourt, Writer

ILS Cheer held tryouts April 30th to May 1st and celebrated their National win on May 7th. 

The team is getting back to their normal schedule after having a different one due to COVID. They had their tryouts in late April to early May in order to get a head start on the new season and start building up their team. 

They had a great turnout this year and many applicants. They posted their results the following day after tryouts, May 2nd, at 9 am. 

“It was really nice to see the incoming freshmen so passionate and driven to make the team and be a cheerleader,” said freshman Nadia Pages. 

ILS Cheer is currently made up of two squads, a Green team and a White team. Final placements will be decided at the end of the summer. The team is also still accepting late tryouts. If you missed tryouts and are interested in joining, email Head Coach Coral at cheer@ilsroyals.com. 

The girls also met up again at ILS for a special Hibachi lunch with a special appearance from the Miami Mayor, Francis Suarez, to celebrate their UCA Nationals win.

Suarez, an ILS alumni himself, gave the team a proclamation for their outstanding accomplishments and efforts. The girls had an incredible season and will soon start preparing for their next upcoming season. 

“Next year I’m looking forward to repeating our State and National championships and keeping our titles,” said sophomore Alexandria Emirzian. 

The team’s first official practice will be June 1st.