ILS Hosts First Volleyball Retreat

Holland Ramos

For the first time in ILS history, the girls volleyball team hosted a retreat September 1.

Immaculata La Salle’s volleyball teams dream of having a retreat has finally come true. On September 1st the ILS  junior varsity and varsity volleyball team gathered together in the Student Learning Center on campus for a retreat. The duration of the retreat was around five hours.

This retreat has been highly requested ever since the ILS football team hosted one back in August. Team captains Helena Marquina, Kiara Alietti, and Samantha Santiago helped make the dream come true.

The team captains worked with Sister Eileen to create and execute games, discussion topics, and entertainment for the team to enjoy. 

“This retreat was definitely the most enjoyable one I have been to. It was centered around us as a female team which was really meaningful,” said junior Alfonsina Santucho.

The team engaged in interactive discussions where everyone was encouraged to share thoughts, and they were even invited to express any concerns. 

The team split into groups and competed against each other in a friendly game of cup stacking. Senior Anna Viti along with Junior Lucia Terry agreed that this game was one of the many highlights of the evening. 

“Seeing my team come together and laugh with each other was amazing. I got to know some of the new freshman and sophomore players much better. During discussions I was able to see and hear a side of some of the other players I have never seen,” said Junior Angelina Cambo.