ILS SportsCap

ILS+SportsCap

Victoria Betancourt, Editor

The ILS Athletics family is continuing strong. 

The ILS Volleyball team defeated Somerset Pembrooke Pines in straight sets (25-21, 26-24 and 25-16). Leading the pack was senior Helena Marquina with 13 kills and 2 serving aces, and Angelina Cambo who also completed 11 kills, 5 aces, and 6 digs. Seniors Cristina Blanco added 5 kills, 1 ace, 6 digs, and Kiara Alietti had 15 digs and 1 ace.

Meanwhile the ILS Football team took it to the house by defeating the St. Brendan Sabres in one quarter, 35-0. After multiple lightning delays, the game was finally called due to inclement weather. The offensive line was lead by senior Quarterback Aris Angelo who went 8 of 15 passing for 184 yards and 5 touchdowns and junior Demitrius Johnson who had 2 catches for 60 yards. Sophomore Elijah Henton had 3 catches for 40 yards and 2 touchdowns, and senior James Brill had 1 catch for 40 yards and 1 touchdown. Senior Jude Servius also had 1 catch for 30 yards and a touchdown.

Along with this, the ILS Cross Country team had a meet Friday. After a lightning delay, they were finally able to compete in their largest race of the season. The meet had over 250 girls and 300 boys competing. Meanwhile, the Royals continue to improve with only four meets left until districts.

ILS Golf and Swim had their meets cancelled last week because of inclement weather.

Sports Schedule:

Thursday, September 30, 2021: ILS Volleyball hosted St. Brendan volleyball team for a 5:30/6:00PM match up. 

ILS Football travels to Somerset South Homestead for a 4:00PM Kickoff.

Cross Country travels to Larry and Penny again for the Larry Wooten Invitational.

Friday, October 1: ILS Varsity Volleyball traveled to Florida Christian for a 2-day varsity tournament.

Go Royals!