Successful Salesian Hearts Retreat

25 ILS students in the Salesian Hearts Club spent their Saturday at Blessed Trinity Catholic School accompanying young people preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation.

Alvaro Amat, Writer

25 Immaculata-La Salle students who are involved in the Salesian Hearts Club spent last Saturday at Blessed Trinity Catholic School accompanying young people preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation in prayer, meals and games. The day ended in celebration Eucharist.

Over 200 Students from Blessed Trinity took part in the Salesian Hearts retreat.

ILS has been organizing Spiritual Retreats as as far back as when the school in Miami opened. It has been a tradition and this year the tradition continues with starting of the Salesian Hearts retreat.

In this retreat not only high schoolers are welcomed but also middle schoolers from other schools are welcomed so they can become closer with God.

Sr. Rosa who is in charge of organizing these retreats, says that “they get a closer relationship with God every year.” 

“This religious retreat is different than all other retreats because middle schoolers are also welcomed,” Sr. Rosa explained. “Here the high schoolers are mostly in charge of the activities where they build closer friendships.”

One of the ILS leaders, sophomore Victoria Betancourt, said “a lot of preparation goes into the Salesian Hearts retreat, but at the end is all worth it.” 

The Salesian Hearts retreat was a success according to Sr. Rosa and the club is welcoming more students to participate in future events.