ILS Welcomes New English Teacher to the Royal Lion Family

Mrs.+Dalyla+Rodriguez+teaching+one+of+her+many+english+classes.+

Mrs. Dalyla Rodriguez teaching one of her many english classes.

Bianca Sanz, Writer

The ILS community happily welcomed new English teacher, Mrs.Dalyla Rodriguez. She recently began working at ILS for the 2019-2020 school year.

Right after college, Mrs. Rodriguez began working with children with disablitlites in spring of 2000 at The Victory Center.

“I really felt a need to help those kids, that population, after a couple of years,” Rodriguez said. “Then I felt that I wanted to work in a regular classroom and then I started working at St. Kevin with middle schoolers.”

Throughout the years of working in middle schools, Rodriguez eventually finished her master’s degree in reading and became a certified reading specialist. She has the ability to teach kindergarden thorugh 12th grade.

Last year, she saw an opening in the English departmental ILS. She then applied and received the job. Rodriguez currently teaches English II standard, regular, and honors for sophomores.

During class she uses a variety of techniques to teach her students. She uses her specialties in reading to teach the kids to implement many strategies to improve their comprehension with all subjects.

Rodriguez uses techniques like group work, lectures, and inquiry to keep the students interested and focused during class.

“I think my students are great,” Rodriguez said. “They’re full of potential and they have been very welcoming and I am very happy to be here.”