A Special Valentines Art Walk Under the Stars at ILS

Royal Art Walk

Emma Rodriguez, Writer

On Thursday, February 10th the ILS  Fine Arts department hosted their annual Royal Art Walk, an evening to celebrate the talents of the fine arts students at ILS. There were art exhibitions from Ms. Camille Wildenburg’s introduction to art class, creative photography from Ms. Cecilia Calleros’s photography class, film segments from Mr. Tony Mendez’s TV production class, and graphic digital art work from Mr. Omar Gutierrez’s students.

“The art walk was very lively and it was a little nerve wracking to have my painting on display. Overall, I had a great time and even bought earrings from a student vendor,” said senior Cecilia Sanchez.

Apart from the art students displaying their work, there was food, student vendors, live music, and even a little improv. Students were selling their own art work, jewelry, and many more items.

“I had a button maker that I was finally making use of this year and decided to sell my buttons at the art walk. Watching people wearing their buttons on their bags and lanyards the next day was so fun and rewarding,” explained junior Danna Chalela.

The students have worked hard and dedicated all of their free time to creating their work and making them perfect for display. All of the fine arts teachers are very proud of their students for their hard work and are especially impressed with the student performers who sang and recited poetry.

“I thought it was super fun and interesting to see how talented my fellow classmates are, especially seeing my friends Star and Zion playing the trumpet,” commented senior Victoria Reyes.

The teachers in the Fine Arts department would like to thank all ILS students for their hard work and dedication, all parents for supporting fine arts, and the administration for allowing us to have a fun night to celebrate their artists.