Grad Bash 2022!

This+year+students+went+to+Universal+Studios+and+Islands+of+Adventure+for+a+fun+trip+to+go+on+together.+

Laura Berry

This year students went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for a fun trip to go on together.

Laura Berry, Writer

It’s the day the 2022 seniors had been waiting for… Grad Bash!

Here’s a recap of what the whole experience was like and some tips for future grad bash goers.

First, the buses.
Students completed the bag checking and were sent off to their bus at around 1:30 pm. Some students came with pillows, snacks, or a comfy change of clothes.
While I was on the bus, I realized I should’ve come more prepared for a more comfortable four-hour long ride. So, here’s some essentials that YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD bring on the bus:
Warm sweater (especially if you plan on going on the water rides..)

I learned this the hard way by going on Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls with my only sweater. I’m so smart sometimes!
I ended up buying an overpriced Harry Potter sweater in one of the stores, and was it worth it, I mean kind of… I do love Harry Potter. But, nonetheless, bringing an extra sweater would be the smartest option for this trip.

Snacks
Students stopped at one of the stations and let me tell you, that place was packed!
The lines were super long, meaning many students were not be able to get snacks or something to eat. So, to avoid the complications of lengthy lines and packed places, just bring snacks from home. But don’t open them, because they may be thrown away at bag checking.

Pillow
Bring a pillow! It makes the ride there and back more comfortable and lets you sleep easier because by the end of night, you just want to knock out till arrival.

Headphones
It’s a 4-hour long bus ride, so bringing these are essential. For me, I enjoy listening to music or watching a movie with headphones on and just being able to relax and enjoy the ride there and back.

So, students arrived around 7 to the park, where they were dropped off right next to Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, a fun and thrilling rollercoaster. Students ran to it once the park opened.

This ride gives you the choice of song that you can listen to while you go up. (Laura Berry)

Students had the option to go from Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure, which is very convenient for everyone and means: more rides to go on!

Senior Brianna Ramos (right) and Mia Raposo (left) were super excited for this ride.

A popular stop was Jurassic park for the new roller coaster VelociCoaster, which is now the tallest and fastest ride at the park.Harry Potter world was definitely a popular stop for the delicious treats and magical environment.

Butter beer is a must try when going to Harry Potter world. Here’s Senior Brianna Ramos enjoying hers at the park. (Laura Berry)

“The VelociCoaster was definitely my favorite ride because it was extremely fast and insane. It lasted a lot longer than other rollercoastsers do,” said senior Lucia Interiano.

“I have friends who waited three hours for that ride. I went on it too, and I thought it was worth it because it’s really fast and cool,” commented senior Katrina Diaz-Balart.

Looks pretty intense! This new ride was super popular at grad bash. The line got so long, they stopped the ride!

Here are rides you and friends should go on when you are at the park:

-The Amazing Spider-Man
-The VelociCoaster
-Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
-Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
-The Incredible Hulk
-Jurassic Park River Adventure
-The Cat in the Hat

Dr. Suess World has got to be the cutest place ever. It looked like I was in in a candy land. (Laura Berry)

“My favorite part of the whole experience was making memories with my friends and having fun together. I think something they can improve on for next year would be to have the choice to buy fast passes,” explained senior Federica Rico.

“It was wonderful to have the opportunity to interact with my students outside of the classroom. Since I hadn’t visited the parks for quite a while I was a little anxious about what new rides were there. When the other chaperones all started going on the rides, I went, too. Overall, a great experience,” recalled economics teacher Mr. Ronald La Barrie.

Students were supposed to be at the park from 7 am to 2 am. Yep, literally overnight at the park. But, there was an issue with the buses, and they didn’t arrive till around 3 am, so ILS was the only school left at the park.

Last ones standing! The seniors had the park to themselves as they waited for the buses to finally arrive. (Laura Berry)

“Alien abduction,” jokingly answered chaperone and psychology teacher Mr. David Schultz when a student asked what happened to the buses.

Students were tired and drained from the long day of adventure and rides. They were ready to just go home as they waited until finally the buses came to to the rescue.

Zzzz… Seniors Samantha Santiago and Victoria Acosta were ready to sleep by the end of the night. (Laura Berry )

And that’s an insight into what Grad Bash 2022 was like. Stay tuned for next year!