3 End-of-Year Tips for Getting Through the Last Month of School

We Are Teachers

While seniors have only two weeks left of school, the rest of the grades have one more month.

Allison Perez, Writer

Take a second to imagine that it’s summer and you’re sitting on a nice, warm beach with the wind flowing around you and the sound of crashing waves filling your ears. The sun is warming up the sky to be the perfect temperature and when it gets too hot, you simply take a dip in the water.

Now, take that picture out of your mind and remember that it’ll be a reality in just about a month. To get there, it’s incredibly important to stay focused for the remaining school year and try your hardest on classwork and finals. 

So, in order to make sure that you’ll reach the sunny beaches, here’s some excellent end of year tips that are guaranteed to help you get through this last month. 

• Keep on pushing!

Since it feels like the school year is pretty much over, it can be hard to stay focused on what’s currently happening. There are still tests, homework, classwork, and lectures that need to be listened to, but putting in any kind of effort has become more difficult than ever. 

If this is how you’re feeling, try setting some goals for yourself. They could be as simple as completing an assignment, or they can involve more effort, such as getting straight A’s. Either one will help motivate and push you to succeed.

Then, for those taking AP tests and/or finals, make sure that you take some time to sit down and study. It can be tiring and annoying, but that’s why it’s necessary to find a form of studying that fits your needs best. This can be through note cards, youtube videos, graphs, worksheets, or reading the textbook. If you can find a way to study without getting bored, then it’ll become much easier to do. 

• Make the Most of the Moment!

Each grade level is completely different and full of different experiences, so no matter what grade you’re in, the time spent in that year is something to remember and cherish. 

If you’re a freshman, use this last month to appreciate the excitement and freshness of high school. If you’re a sophomore, take advantage of these last couple of weeks where you won’t have to worry about SAT’s or ACT’s. If you’re a junior, savor your school year until the last day, because pretty soon you’re going to be devoting all of your time to college applications. Then, if you’re a senior, treasure these last two weeks with your class before you all leave for college. 

• Create a Summer Bucket List!

To avoid feeling overwhelmed and bombarded by work, get together with your friends and make a summer bucket list. You can do things such as go to the beach, ride bikes, watch the sunset, have a picnic in the park, and so much more. All of it is up to you and in creating this list, the stress of the school year is taken off your shoulders and you can begin looking forward to the long summer days that will be here soon. 

I understand how you’re feeling, but it’s incredibly important to keep your mind here in the present. SI\imply following one of these tips will help you academically, and ensure that you make it to the last day. Keep calm and try them out!