Producing LTV Isn’t Hard? Right?

Katerina Garcia, Site Design Editor

As some of you may recall, Sister Kim Keraitis, ILS Principal, recently addressed the student body to ask that some students who were being rude to LTV students stop doing so.

“It was important for Sister Kim to say that message over the intercom because they probably spent lots of time trying to find a good TV production teacher who both teaches well and produces a great show that everyone will want to watch,” said sophomore Gianna Ferrara.

Some of you may have wondered, why were those students so impatient regarding their expectations for LTV? Behind their frustrations lie their expectation that every show be well produced. What exactly does that mean? And, why, for that matter, makes it hard to produce a show?

Lots of aspects come into place when producing a TV show. Viewers desire entertainment as well as information. In order for that to be a daily reality, LTV students need to develop and bring to life new ideas every day. Sometimes the pressure and time to create something meaningful can be pretty daunting. Finding new ideas, staying up–to-date, making the program relevent, are just some of the challenges LTV students face routinely.

While some who are in LTV 1 think that producing isn’t hard, the students in LTV 2 think differently. Lots of students are doing what they are supposed to which makes those who are do more work.

An ILS concern included limiting Man on the Street segments because they take away from other students’ class time. In addition, from a TV production standpoint, they are not the most original concept.

”Since the change of teacher, the feeling of the class has been different. As well as the production of LTV is all done in one class,” said sophomore Sunshine Garcia.

Yes, the LTV classes are responsible for producing and developing the show, but sometimes it takes more much more effort than some students realize.