ILS Admission Application Process Explained

Photo Illustration: Isabella Estrada

The application process for ILS can be easily simplified for anyone interested by following a specific set of steps.

Isabella Estrada, Writer

The admissions process at ILS, as for many private, magnet, charter, or other Catholic schools, can seem challenging, especially for incoming freshmen or transfer students.

Never fear! The Royal Courier is here to help advise any of your friends or family members through the process.

Just follow the complete guide to applying for admissions at ILS.

Let’s break down the steps:

1. Online Entrance Exam Application: Find the Admissions section on the ILS website, and look for Online Entrance Exam application. Fill out the application form and send it in with the required fee.

2. Academic Records: Regardless of whether the applicant is a freshman or transfer student, the potential ILS student will need to provide your academic records, making sure to gather all transcripts from a prior school as well as standardized test scores.

3.  Letters of Recommendation: Transfer students will also need letters of recommendation current English and Math teachers. For a freshman coming from a Catholic school, sometimes a principal and/or pastor will send a recommendation as well.

4. Entrance Exam: All applicants, including both freshmen and transfers, are required to take the standardized entrance exam. The exam typically takes approximately 3.5 hours, unless an applicant has been granted extended time.The amount of additional time granted depends on the information provided by the student.

“It depends on the report which if it indicates 50%, then we will give students a extra time, or if it says 100%, then we will give them double time,” explained Admissions’ Director Ms. Wendy Vargas.

5.  Transfer Student Interview: In addition to the entrance exam, transfer students will also be interviewed by an administrator as part of the application process. 

STEAM (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ART, AND MATH)

Any incoming freshman interested in the STEAM program, will need to complete an additional online application. This application may require applicants to submit an essay and three videos. STEAM applicants must make sure to carefully follow the instructions provided on the application form. This admission is only offered to incoming freshmen.

It’s important to remember that admission to ILS is not only determined by entrance exam results, but also by a student’s academic record, as well as any letters of recommendation. 

By following this guide, your friends or family members  will be better prepared to manage the ILS admissions process.

Remind them to stay organized.

Good luck to any of your friends or family who choose to apply.