The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Sports Flash: Back To School

Senior Stetsen Angelo plays the role of quarterback for the Royal Lions.
Photo Creds- Nick Fernandez
Senior Emmanuel Roca broke the ILS record in cross country on the 5k run. He is pictured here sitting in the middle of his B block Honors English class. (Photo Creds- Ms. Cristina Ramirez)

Football: The Royal Lion football team took down Palm Glades Academy Eagles 38-0 in the first game of the regular season. Royals came out dominating the run game behind Santiago Robles 99-yard game on 14 attempts and 3 touchdowns. He grabbed two quick touchdowns in the first quarter, including a dynamic 37 yard that ended with him diving into the endzone for the score. He also is the team’s field goal kicker and added multiple extra points and a field goal right before half. Closing out the offense attack was QB Stetson Angelo throwing for a 22-yard touchdown to Tyrone Williams III.

The defense held its second team in a row to no touchdowns. They had multiple big plays throughout the game, including 3 interceptions in the game from Wendell Copeland, Raul Alvarez, and a pick six by Jordan Adams.

Volleyball: JV and Varsity Volleyball opened up its season, falling to a tough Carrollton squad in a competitive 5-game set for the varsity team. JV also dropped a tough 3-set game. Both teams had a lot of good take aways from the match that they look to build on and bounce back.

$0
$500