Your ILS Fall Sports Update

Sports Flash
Umi Noritake
Umi Noritake and fellow members of the Sailing Team recently competed in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Hello, ILS!

Volleyball: The Girls’ Varsity Volleyball

defeated Don Soffer Barracudas in straight sets (25-16, 25-15, & 25-19). Leading the attack was Grace Blanco with 7 kills and Miranda Grande with 5. Grace also added 3 aces while Lara Potente had 2.

The JV team is on a roll winning 4 in a row including defeating Don Soffer’s JV 25-12 & 25-15.

Golf: This week the ILS Golf team took on Palmer Trinity and Lourdes. Freshman Sophie Estrada shot a team low 42 vs Palmer Trinity. Nick Dominguez shot a 46 while Gonzalo Eulate  and Hector Pires both shot a 48, which all helped the Boys’ team. Gianna Cusano and Jeremy Agresti had a great match shooting 52 .

XC: The ILS XC team ran excellent races at the Spanish River Invitational in Boca Raton. The Girls’ team finished 23rd out of 30 teams and was led by ssenior Mariam Osman and junior Ariana Armas. The Boys’ team finished 29th out of 41 teams, led by sophomore Daniel Brito and senior Carlos Aldecoa.

Girls’ Volleyball Hosted their first home games of the season vs Palmetto High.

Freshmen team Volleyball traveled to Florida Christian (FCS) for a tri-match with Doral and Florida Christian.

Golf traveled to Doral for a match against St. Brendan.

XC traveled to Monsignor Pace for the Spartan Invite.

Volleyball hosted American Heritage Plantation.

The Football team hosts Miami Edison for a 3:30PM kick off at Tropical Park. Tickets on GoFan.

Swimming will be at Westminster Christian for a tri-meet with WCS and Riviera.

Golf hosts Miami Country Day for a match at Crandon.

XC Travels to Larry and Penny for the Dade County Youth Fair invite.

Volleyball will be at FCS for a Varsity Volleyball tournament that continues into Saturday.

Saturday, September 30, 2023: Swimming goes to Ransom for a swimming invite.

VB Tournament at FCS.

Sailing: The ILS Sailing team had a special event in St. Petersburg called the Cressy Trophy Qualifier for the National Competition. Little background: the Cressy Trophy is for the top laser sailors, single-handed boat. The SAISA district includes high schools from Florida to North Carolina, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. There were 3 divisions- ILCA 6 Female, ILCA 6 Male and ILCA 7.

Senior Umi Noritake represented ILS in the ILCA 7 division. Freshmen Marina Wardlaw, Mateo Coates and Beck Brill represented ILS in the ILCA 6 Female and ILCA 6 Male, respectively.

All four ILS sailors sailed extremely well and fought hard throughout the entire weekend. Umi Noritake (’24) ended up 4th in the ILCA 7, Mateo Coates (’27) and Beck Brill (’27) were 5th and 6th respectively in ILCA 6 and Marina Wardlaw (’27) finished 7th despite not starting 3 races.

Congrats to our Laser Sailors on kicking off the season well.

GOO ROYALS!

$0
$500