Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Fashion Trends That Will Make You Cringe in 2043

Comedic Look at the Fashion Trends We’ll Soon Regret
Senior+Valery+Guevara+sports+proudly+her+Nike+blazer.+
Valery Desme
Senior Valery Guevara sports proudly her Nike blazer.

Oh, the fashion trends of 2023. As fashion is known for always making returns on old trends, it’s a never-ending cycle of trends coming back.  WWe all have those pictures we look back at and just cringe. Here are some trends ILS students will be cringing at when you show your kids what you wore. We started off with anything flared, bell bottom jeans, flared leggings, anything of the sort. 

“They’re just not flattering and they’re so old,” said senior Sofia Yanes.

And parachute pants? Seriously, Royals, you might as well have draped a trash bag around your legs and called it forward-looking fashion. Sure, they come in all colors, but they also come with a one-way ticket to Cringeville.

“It’s one of those things that’s super in now, but I just KNOW they’re gonna go out of style next season,” said junior Isa Torres

Sneakers, used to be for jogging, but now they’re high in fashion. There are people pairing sneakers with evening gowns, tuxedos, and probably even wedding dresses. But mark my words, it’s only a matter of time before we realize we’ve been walking around looking like we’re ready to run a marathon at any moment. Nike Air Forceones and Mid Blazers, you’ve had your moment, but you’re about to be overshadowed by the next trend: the “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Sneakers” footwear collection. 

“I wear them all the time. They’re going to go out of style, and they’re so overused,” said senior Valery Guevera.

Now, let’s talk about those Urban Outfitters corset tops. They might make you feel like you are snatched, but in reality, they’re about as comfortable as a medieval torture device. Corsets are all fun and games until you need a buddy to help you breathe properly. They’re not unique, and don’t add spice to its basic girl outfit now. 

“Those tops are something I can see myself looking at and being like, ‘wow, there’s no way I wore that.’”

— Senior Mariandrea Robelo

$0
$500