Girls Volleyball on its Way Toward Success

Team Works Hard at Coming Together
Ms. Gia Spencer
The Girls’ Volleyball District champs for the 22-23 season gather for a team photo in the gym.

Dig, spike, floater, dink. These are all things that the ILS Girls’ Volleyball team does to win.

Last year, the team won districts which brought significant joy and happiness to all involved.

Over the years, the Girls’ team have won the 4A Districts many times:

2013

2015

2016

2019

2020

2022

“As a freshman last year on JV Volleyball, the Varsity Girls just inspired me to be better, and hopefully, one day be able to achieve this dream of winning districts with the team,” said sophomore Zara Halabu.

This 23-24 school year, the team has added a few new sophomore transfers, particularly ones who love sports.

One of these transfers is Lucilla Molina.

“ILS Volleyball has welcomed me in an amazing way, and I can’t wait for my chance to hopefully play Varsity next year,” she said.

The team starts off their season very early in the year. For now, there are some concerns and things that they are working on.

Sophomore Marcella Morello, who has played since her freshman year, said she was worried at the beginning of her second year playing well for such a competitive team, yet says things are going much better.

“The season is going really great so far. We started off a bit rough, but we are doing much better now. We currently experienced a winning streak of six games, and the team plays really well together on the court,” she said.

Five things the team is working on the season:

1. Team work
  2. Ball control
  3. Commitment
  4. Trust
  5. Becoming better as a team

“We constantly work on bettering ourselves as a team, but right now, our focus is on ball control and consistency in every facet,” added Marcella

“By the end of the season, I hope that we are able to achieve a strong bond between teammates,” she said.

The volleyball players have dreams.

Varsity sophomore Sofia Dean is super grateful to play Varsity as a sophomore. Her dream is to win districts this year.

“We all to win districts really bad, but if we don’t it’ll hurt the team. I just hope that our hard work pays off in our favor.”

Said Sofia Dean 

$0
$500