Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

What Are The Best Shoe Brands?

Nike+Dunks+are+an+easy+way+to+add+a+stylish+touch+to+any+outfit.+
Daniela Beltran
Nike Dunks are an easy way to add a stylish touch to any outfit.

Sneakers have developed into a global fashion phenomenon, going over their functional beginnings to become a symbol of style, status, and uniqueness.  Popular sneaker companies are crucial in influencing this culture because they develop footwear that combines creativity, style, and legacy to create iconic items that appeal to supporters all over the world. The world of sneakers is vast and constantly changing, where skill and innovation meet, from the classic designs of Nike and Adidas to the luxurious appeal of labels like Gucci and Fendi.

Sneakers and the significant societal figures who wear them have come to represent sneaker culture, demonstrating how they have influenced not only the way we dress but also the more general discussions of the day. A mix of creativity, innovation, and popular appeal has made sneakers more than just shoes. Today, and for a few decades now, sneakers have become a form of self-expression, art, and an essential part of life as individuals navigate through the varied and exciting world of sneaker brands.

With that being said, here are some thoughts on the matter from ILS.

The Dean of Students, Mr. James Rydborn: “The two most popular sneakers of 2023 would be the Nike Dunks, especially the black/white color, more commonly referred to as the Panda Dunks, and the Adidas Samba in either white or black. Dunks retail for around $110 and the Panda Dunk at the end of 2022 and beginning of 2023 was selling for about $250. Nike has been restocking them regularly which has helped bring the prices back down.”

“Everything eventually goes out of style, only to come back again. If you were to show people a picture of Dunks, they would tell you that they became popular these past two years. When in reality, the Dunk has always been sorted out by sneaker enthusiasts, especially the Nike SB dunks who regularly collaborate with brands,” said Coach D’Andre. 

“Nike, Jordan and Adidas still have a stranglehold on the sneaker community. There are other brands, New Balance (and) Asics to name a couple that have had lots of interest over the past two years, but nowhere near the level that the other three have.”

Senior Lucas Rodriguez

After receiving everyone’s thoughts on their preferred shoe brand, it is safe to say that Nike Dunks are a huge hit among the sneaker community. They bring comfort, but most importantly highlight style. 

$0
$500