Sophmore Day Encounter: Way for Students to Connect

ILS instagram
Sophomores work together on a posterboard which will illustrate ways they can include God in their lives.

Sophmore Day Encounter is a way for the whole grade to connect as a class. Class 2026 went through COVID in 6th grade. Luckily, freshman year 2022-2023 was all back to normal.

Sophmore Day Encounter was a good way for the students to experience Mass, games, and talks in a seven-hour school day period.

Sophmore Mia Luzardo enjoyed her day with the sophmores and especially Mass.

“The day was really great and my favorite part was Mass. I think that it’s such a good way to involve God in our grade. It was also a good way to have God a part of our morning before we started going off to other activities,” she said.

The day started with Mass and then the sophmores shifted to the gym to play some games like dodgeball, red light/green light and more.

Sophmore Alisa Martinez enjoyed playing with the whole grade.

“It was really funny to see different groups of people come together and enjoy playing games all together. It was definitely my favorite part of the day and I hope one day we have another day like this,” she said.

In the middle of the day the sophmores drew on a poster board ways they can involve God in and outside of ILS. They also received a talk from upperclassmen who shared their experiences as sophmores.

The students tried their best to understand how the seniors were in the exact position just two years ago.

Sophmore Gianluca Sperman enjoyed the talks and posterboard idea.

“I thought the talk was true because the seniors mentioned finding your true friends around this time. I also thought the poster idea was great and brought people together,” he said. 

The sophomores ended off the day with 20 Hail Marys, wishing to have another day as good as this one.

$0
$500