The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

The Christmas Miracle of Starbucks Holiday Drinks

Lucia Salazar
Starbucks is back with an enticing array of holiday favorites.

Every holiday season, when the weather gets brisk, ILS students make plans to wake up earlier or go after school to try out the new festive flavors that Starbucks has to offer. One group of students went straight to Starbucks after school for one big taste test of each drink, and here are their thoughts:

Alana Salazar, a senior, tried the Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino, a blend of rich espresso, gingerbread syrup, foamy milk, cinnamon, and caramel drizzle, all served in the perfect Christmas themed cup. She could not stop raving about it and said, “It was like Christmas and little candy canes in a cup!”

Mia Suarez, a junior, ordered the Gingerbread Latte. At first, she wasn’t sure about the spiciness of the gingerbread syrup and strong flavors of cinnamon, but after a little getting used to, it was gone in just a couple of seconds, and she loved it. She thought, “It was the perfect comforting mixture of spicy gingerbread cookie goodness.”

The next drink, the Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte, was so delicious that everyone took a sip of it. It was a combination of smooth almond milk, espresso, and a touch of sugary sweetness with red and green sprinkles. This order was made by Daniela Aguila who said, “I cannot get enough of it, and I’ve made it my regular order.”

There are also many holiday food choices to try as well including Gingerbread Loaf, Peppermint Brownie Cake Pop, Snowman Cookie, and a Sugar Plum Cheese Danish all of which go perfectly with one of the drinks.

Everyone’s favorite part about the holiday drinks, besides the festive flavor, is getting together with friends spending time together at Starbucks, and it is the ideal way to get in the Christmas spirit.

Starbucks Holiday Menu!!
Last day of holiday drink menu is December 31.
$0
$500